- International Dusseldorf Airport:
-> Then, 20 minutes by car via A52/A44
-> Or, 35 minutes by train: SkyT bus from D-Flughafen Terminal A/B to D-Flughafen BF, then Re/Re6/Re1/Re11 trains to Essen Central train station. More information on German Train Company: https://www.bahn.com/en
- International Cologne/Bonn Airport:
-> Then, 50 minutes by car via A3
-> Or, 1 hour 15 by train: S19/Rb27 train from Koln Flughafen Koln to Koln Deutz Messe, then 47/Ice/41/91/32/43/42/10/31 trains to Essen central train station
- International Dortmund Airport:
-> Then, 45 minutes by car via B1/A40
-> Or, 50 minutes by train: Airport Express bus from Dortmund Airport to Dortmund central train station, then Re/Re6/Re1/Re11 trains to Essen Hbf
- International Frankfurt Airport:
-> Then, 2 hour 30 minutes by car via A3
-> Or, 1 hour 50 minutes by train: 47/Ice/91/42/41/31/43 from Frankfurt to Essen Hbf
Over 100 InterCity, EuroCity and InterCityExpress long-distance trains stop at Essen’s main railway station every day. Travelling from Hamburg takes three hours, just under four from Berlin and Munich is only around five hours from Essen. And within the city itself, the principle of short distances still applies: all main tram and subway lines stop at the main station; additional bus lines stop at destinations throughout Essen. To book a train, click here.
- From Dusseldorf/Cologne: A52 to Richard-Wagner-Straße - Essen, take exit 29-Essen-Süd
- From Dortmund: A40 to Von-der-Tann-Straße – Essen, take exit E-Huttrop
- From The Netherland: A3 to Gladbecker Str./B224 – Essen, take exit 13-Essen-Nord
- Parking garage QPark - Gildehofstraße 1 – daily flat rate 5€
- Public parking - Hollestraße/Kreuzung Steeler Straße – daily max rate 7,50€
For european attendees who will travel with their own car, please note that since 2012 a contiguous environmental zone has been established in the Ruhr area, which extends from Duisburg via Essen to Dortmund. Therefore, only vehicles with a green badge are allowed to enter the Ruhr area. For more information, click here.
The conference center is 300 meters from the Essen central train station. It is also accessible from the 103/109 tramway at the Rathaus Essen stop (700 meters).
For further information about Essen, go on Essen tourist info website.